We would like to invite your child to join us in celebrating the legacy and tradition of Dancers Workshop by being a part of the most loved ballet of all time, The Nutcracker. Your child may join Ovation and enjoy performing in this ballet without an audition. Ovation is the youth ballet company in residence at Dancers Workshop and is artistically produced by Libby Lovejoy, Julia Dzubinski, Kristi Stere, Diane Liu and Rachael Hulse. Ovation will celebrate its 13th year with our annual production of The Nutcracker in December 2017!
Requirements: All dancers in Ovation must be enrolled in and regularly attend class at Dancers Workshop. The minimum dance requirements are:
- 2nd & 4th grade – minimum of 1 hour ballet class per week
- 5th & 6th – minimum of 2 technique classes per week, includes at least 1 ballet
- 7th grade & up – minimum of 3 technique classes per week, must include 2 hours of ballet and/ or pointe.
- Saturday, Dec. 2nd, TBD Austin, TX (2 shows @ 11am & 3pm)
- Saturday, Dec. 9th, Festival Hill Concert Hall, Round Top, TX (Show @ 4pm)
- Saturday, Nov 4, 9am-1pm, Studio Dress Rehearsal – Act I
- Saturday, Nov 11, 9am-1pm, Studio Dress Rehearsal – Act II
- Saturday, Nov 18, 9am-1pm, Studio Dress Rehearsal – Final Studio Run Thru
- Wednesday, Nov 29, Times/Locaiton TBD, Tech/Dress Rehearsal
- Thursday, Nov 30, Times/Locaiton TBD, Tech/Dress Rehearsal
- Friday, Dec 1, Times/Locaiton TBD, Tech/Dress Rehearsal
Weekly Rehearsals (at Dancers Workshop): Coming Soon…. Not every dancer will be called for the entire 9am-1pm Saturday rehearsal every week. Rehearsal times will vary.
Weekly rehearsal schedules: Please watch the call board located outside Studio A. Every Saturday we will post the rehearsal schedule for the following Saturday. Information will also be available on the Dancers Workshop website under Ovation. Web info will probably be posted on the site each Monday.
Rehearsal Info: Please expect to be called for at least a portion of the time every Saturday for the 12 weeks. Not every dancer will need to be there the entire time in the early weeks of rehearsal. As the performance approaches, please be prepared for your dancer to stay for the entire rehearsal period. Of course, everyone will be expected to be in attendance at the mandatory rehearsals.
Be Prepared: Please bring a snack and water every week. Wear appropriate ballet practice attire. Bring all shoes (ballet, pointe, if your dancer will be performing on pointe, and jazz shoes, if your dancer is told they will be performing in jazz shoes) every rehearsal. Please have hair up. Although we do not anticipate that you will have free time, please bring homework or a book in case there is unexpected “down time.”
Absences: Please plan to attend all rehearsals. We have a very limited rehearsal time for a production of this magnitude, and absences affect the entire cast. Please give all absences to us in writing as soon as you are aware that the absence will occur. If you are too ill to come to a rehearsal, or if you find that you will arrive later than 15 minutes past your scheduled start time, we need to know. Please call the office and leave a message for us. We will make it a habit to check voice mail prior to every rehearsal.